Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today I'm adoring...


I know my posting has been sporadic, but it's not without good cause, I promise. Hokay. Hillary's favorite things. Here we go.

♥ Working. Whether it be as an intern for IFB (holla atcha gurl) or in the Shimer admissions office, I am staying busy! No lazy summer for me. No ma'am. I mean, both of the aforementioned responsibilities are blessedly flexible as far as my hours ago, but that doesn't mean I'm sleeping in until 1 in the afternoon. My summers used to mean moping around guiltily, dwelling in my laziness. Now I'm a girl who has things to do. And I love it.

♥ The boyfriend. I know, I know. This one makes me sound like a broken record but my goodness he makes me so insanely giddy I can hardly stand it. I wish I could go into more detail for all ya'all, but it would just sound super corny and you would all have to run and vomit because of all the sugary sweetness. Seriously though. He's awesome. That is all.

This dress. I tried it on the other day at Urban Outfitters, not expecting much. I had some time to kill, so I figured just trying it on would do little harm. I was so wrong. It slipped on like it was made for me and I turned towards the mirror in wonder. It is not my typical style. To say that it's too daring for me makes me sound fashionably wimpy, but it kind of is (and I kind of am). But this dress fit so well and it was the perfect length and who wouldn't be a sucker for that print? I bought it. I love it. It's perfect for the humid weather and has loads of personality. Love love love it.

♥ Inception. See this movie. As soon as possible.

♥ My lovely friends. Pat is doing this killer internship in DC and I'm so proud of him. Talking to him via text or Facebook message continues to be a highlight of daily life. Maura is in Mexico having a pre-college adventure. I can't wait to see her again and hear all her stories. I post silly links on Lily and Helene's walls almost daily, and my roommates are the best for late night nachos and girl talk. I am so lucky to have such funny, talented people in my life.

♥ MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked. It is the prettiest shimmering shade of brown. I wore it yesterday and it made me feel like a million bucks. It also pairs well with Benefit Rush Hour on the lips and cheeks.

That's all for today. Posting will continue to be sporadic because I'm a'goin camping this week. Everyone have a beautiful few days. Muwah!

image via we heart it

No comments: