Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flappers and Philosophers

I'm kind of obsessed with F. Scott Fitzgerald. I've read every book he's ever completed and have been known to go into great detail explaining the plots of some of his short stories. His lyrical descriptions had won me over before I'd even finished the first sentence of "The Great Gatsby." A love for all things 1920s came with my fondness for the author, and while I'm not exactly one to sport long strands of pearls and drop-waist dresses, the style of the era has a special place in my heart. This is why it's no surprise I've been totally loving the Jazz-Age dance party pictures on The Sartorialist. Here are my favorites.




Aren't they glorious? It makes me want to throw on a flapper dress and do the charleston. They don't make dance moves like they used to, darlings.

6 comments:

Maria said...

This post is great! The pictures are fabulous, in fact the whole blog is fabulous! You are a natural at writing and putting outfits together :D
Check out my blog?
www.thirteenmaria.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Love the fashion x

Jenny K. said...

the photos look great, very creative

Unknown said...




خدماتنا متميزة عن غيرنا في مجال التسريبات سربات المياه والعوزال وحل بطرق سليمة دون التدمير فعندنا في شركة ركن البيت افضل يوجد افضل الفنين الممتزين في مجال التسربات والكشف عنها بدون اي مشاكل من خلال الطاقم التي تم تدريبه في شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام فتعاملك معنا ستحصل علي خدمات متميزة

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات بجدة
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
كشف تسربات المياه

WARGANET SLOT said...

Situs Slot Online Daftar Warganet Slot WARGANET99 Slot Online

WARGANET SLOT said...

SLOT ONLINE TERPERCAYA