Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Songs for your summer.

As the rain poured on me and my skinny vanilla latte this morning, I still couldn't deny a particular sunshiny feeling that was bubbling up inside. Oh, weather. You try to fool me, but I know it's summer. I know that right now is the time for lazy mornings and daydreaming and reading chick lit. I know it would be silly to break out my gladiator sandals and sundresses, but I think it's never too cold out for a summer soundtrack and pretty pictures.



These are my picks for songs that make the clouds go away and put visions of barefoot picnics and rooftop stargazing in your head.

Unbelievable - Sleepy Rebels
If We Ever Meet Again - Timbaland (feat. Katy Perry)
Too Young - Phoenix
Someday - The Strokes
Get Lucky - Dragonette
All My Friends - Land of Talk
Horchata - Vampire Weekend
Brand New Shoes - She & Him
Y Control - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
She's Expensive - The Virgins
Another Likely Story - Au Revoir Simone
On A Whim - Flying Machines
Found In The Ground - Girls in Hawaii
Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken - Camera Obscura
Hey, Soul Sister - Train
Autopilot - East Hundred
Wonderful - Lady GaGa

A few of these songs were inspired by the second to last episodes of "The Hills" and "The City." Because they always play fun, girly songs on those shows. By the way, hasn't "The Hills" improved immeasurably since Speidi unceremoniously disappeared? I certainly think so. Hurray for a return to LA girls dating and dancing and gossiping and not too much else! "The Hills" is nearly back to its original glory. Just throw LC into the picture again, and I'll be happier than Lo when she gets her Pinkberry fro-yo with fruity pebbles mixed in.



In other news, Oregon is really very pleasant. After such a stressful school year, a visit home is exactly what the doctor ordered. And a girl gets to missin' trees and mountains once she's spent several months in the middle of Chicago. I love this state and I love being able to spend time with my family. The only downside? Missing THE BOY. Yes, the boy. He's really rather cute and I can't remember the last time I felt this smitten. We've been dating for maybe a month and a half now, and a third of that time has been spent with the two of us in different states. Thank goodness for Facebook and cell phones. Alright! I need to go chop up some vegetables for dinner tonight. I love you all so dearly. Have a beautiful evening!

images via We Heart It

1 comment:

n. said...

y control is such a great song! the yeah yeah yeahs were on my playlist all summer, too.