Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All dressed up with somewhere to go.

My day to day ensembles are nothing out of the ordinary. By now, I'm sure you've all caught on to my affinity for oversized cardigans, classic-cut black dresses, scarves and boots. Sometimes I mix it up with a denim jacket or pencil skirt, but I do stick to a certain aesthetic. However, I try to make parties a different story. At the very least, I'm more inclined to throw on a big, gaudy necklace or an embellished headband for social gatherings after dark. Now I am in a rut. I was going to make this big, beautiful post about great party looks, but couldn't get away from the color black. Look:



Maura suggested jewel tones, and I even considered metallics, but for the most part, it's hard for me to go to a party in anything other than black. Funky heels or rhinestones usually help to take things a couple steps out of the ordinary, but what if I wanted to do something really different? I'm going to a party on Friday night and I'm not saying it's going to be the night I abandon the lbd, but hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to mix things up, what should I wear? Or is black truly the only suitable party color?

No comments: