Saturday, April 3, 2010

Homesick.

This is me, again, with my tail between my legs, apologizing for neglecting you all for yet another two weeks. Maura and Helene were in town last week so that accounts and excuses most everything, but this week I really have no explanation. I guess I've just been feeling intensely homesick. I love my friends here in Chicago - they're all wonderful - but after spending a week with the person who knows me better than anyone else on the planet, I have trouble returning to the tentative familiarity of the people I've grown close to at school. And after a brief Skype chat with Ben this morning, I grew even sadder. I miss being able to be bubbly and boy crazy without raising eyebrows. I miss extensive conversations about what to wear to a party. I can kind of do all that here, I guess, but not without feeling incredibly worried that my peers will regard me as shallow and/or obnoxious. I have the school's curriculum in common with my roommates. We share a love for Mexican food and good movies. We get greasy breakfasts on Sunday mornings and sit and laugh about the night before. But I'm never entirely comfortable. Even after nearly two years, I still feel like I'm walking on eggshells. It's something I'd gotten used to, I guess, but after seeing Maura and feeling like for a week there were no holds barred, the whole situation became magnified. Gah. Sorry for the mad emo vent fest. I just needed to get this all out of my system. Plus I needed to preface this post with my blabbering because it would help you all to understand why I've been so MIA. And also maybe explain why instead of talking about clothes, I kind of just need to post pretty pictures that I found on we ♥ it lately. Next week I'll be back on my A-game, but until then, look at all the perdy things...




Alright. I have a busy day full of paper outlines and brilliant french philosophers. Helene is coming over tonight for one last hurrah before she goes back to school in Michigan, which is exactly what I need right now. It will be girl talk and junk food and hopefully I can get that last bit of venting out of my system. Sorry again, lovely readers, for my unnanounced hiatuses (hiati? there has to be an appropriate plural!). Soon I'll be back on track and it will be awesome and great and so on and so forth. Love you all and have an absolutely beautiful Saturday!

No comments: