Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Luella's not a Lolita?

Rumor has it that Luella grew up this season. And the general reaction to such is a positive one. Well pish posh! I think Luella's collection is as girlish and playful as ever. I love it so very much. The silhouettes (as seen in this dress especially) make me think of playing dress up in my mother's clothes when I didn't have the hips to fill them out. Which is a good thing, I think. So Luella, all grown up? Take a look...



What do you think? There are fewer playful prints and tongue-in-cheek headwear than is usually associated with Luella. But it still makes me covet her pieces like I were a five year-old in hot pursuit of a brand new barbie doll. I think I can level with dissenters by describing this collection as "young at heart." Consider it my way of agreeing that yes yes, she's become more refined, but I've still gotta stand up for the fact that staying a kid really isn't the end of the world.
ps.
I want those shoes. The black ones. Please and thank you.

No comments: