Sunday, June 8, 2008

A game of checkers, and interpreted by Maura, Helene, and co.


from left to right: Helene, Olivia, Lily, Taylor, Maura

I just wanted to share with you all a great moment in fashion. The Drama Banquet was last night, and the theme was "Board Games." Maura, Helene, and their other stylish friends dressed up like checkers pieces. This image was captured at the YMCA before the event. They just set the camera on a counter, set the timer, ran to their places, and posed. So, much as I would love to be able to take credit for this photo, I really can't. What I love the most about this photograph is how well it illustrates the personal style of each girl. Helene dresses like a couture rock star on a regular basis. Olivia is like Audrey Hepburn, that is if Ms. Hepburn grew up in Hippyville USA. Lily is a self-aware 1940s bombshell. Taylor is a chic beatnik. And Maura - oh, Maura. Maura dresses like a jet-set model. I couldn't be more proud.

No comments: