Monday, March 15, 2010

an American (wishing for) Paris

It's time to talk about Paris. Granted, I observed the going-ons through my laptop screen while curled up on a hide-a-bed in St. Louis, but you don't have to be there to see how amazing the clothes are. Let's start with Louis Vuitton. It was so very Parisian and I'm coveting every look pretty viscously. Elegant detailing and silhouettes worthy of Betty Draper. Let's drool, shall we?




Beautiful, right? Now, Chanel! I'm sure you've heard the buzz about the iceberg straight from Scandinavia. Karl Lagerfeld always exceeds expectations and outdoes himself time after time. And I haven't even begun to talk about the clothes. I'm a little turned off of the faux fur and usually just fur in general so my favorite looks sort of neglect that. But it was a large part of his collection and almost made me okay with the whole aesthetic. Everything else was fantastic, too. Classic Chanel. I am in love.






I have class in a few minutes so I'm off. I just wanted to say that I am so, so happy with what's been gracing the runways. Fashion is fun this season and it's just wonderful. Designers are breaking new ground left and right. Alright. I'm off. Loads of love to you all!

No comments: