Monday, January 4, 2010

Some really lovely things.

I have shoes on the brain. I got a gorgeous pair of black leather slouchy boots for Christmas, and have been shoe-happy ever since. You all know that I love shoes beyond healthy infatuation, and to this obsession, I've found some lovely shoes on net-a-porter that I think you can all appreciate. Enjoy.






Before I go back to school my mom and I are on the hunt for the perfect pair of flats and a new pair of (what else?) classic black pumps. The rest of break will involve a lot of wardrobe revamping. We were shopping in Portland yesterday and I got some really fantastic pieces that I'll share with you within the next two weeks. In the meantime, expect more regular posts, aaaaand download these songs. They're just a few that have been getting constant play on my itunes lately.

Electric Twist - A Fine Frenzy
Technicolor Girls - Deathcab for Cutie
Here's Where The Story Ends - The Sundays
Stay Golden - Au Revoir Simone
L'excessive - Carla Bruni
Something About Us - Daft Punk
The Hypnotist's Son - Emmy The Great
Tout Doucement - Feist
I Can't Help Myself - The Four Tops
Kiss of Life - Friendly Fires
Gemini Birthday Song - Why?
Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
Despite What You've Been Told - Two Gallants

Seriously. Download all of them. Especially the one by Herman's Hermits. Maura turned me on to them, and we've both decided the British need to invade again. Cause, as you can tell, some really spectacular music comes out because of it. I love you all. Here's hoping your Monday is as un-Monday like as possible!

2 comments:

PastelAssassins said...

that first pair is adorable. and you listen to why?????

Hillary said...

A friend introduced me to them this semester and I was so hooked. Sooo good!