Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In fact, it's stylish to raise your skirts and bob your hair!

My junior year of high school, I was a chorus girl in my school's production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie." While the show itself had its sour moments, the costumes did not. Tiered dresses, drop-waists, and an excess of fringe - I was in heaven. Imagine my joy when I saw the latest Alberta Ferretti collection. Jazz age, lovelies? I think yes.

Doesn't it make you wish you were a little flapper? And it's not just a playful flapper look - it's 1920s gamine with a big dose of glamour. Turns out, such a combination makes magic. It gets better.

Drop-waisted heaven! Now for those of you loyal to the Ferretti grecian look, never fear. A few particularly chiffon-packed outfits were a nod to her last collection. Even so, it was the 20s that took the spotlight, not ancient Greece. What time period do you think had the best style?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love these. thats exactly the costume you should have ended up with :)