Monday, March 10, 2008

Then do something about it!

Remember yesterday when I was venting about the severe lack of creating in my life? Well today, I actually did something about it. I went to a lovely place called Jo-Ann fabrics (if you aren't familiar, your inner seamstress wants you to be) and chose a pattern and fabric. Here's the pattern.

It's a little old-fashioned, but I plan on bring up the hem line and adding a little ribbon around the waist to make it more me. I like it though. I think it's going to be a nice flattering fit. And super classy. I like classy. The fabric I chose (after much deliberation) is cream-colored light linen with a cabbage rose print. Oddly enough, it will turn out to be a grown-up version of my eight grade graduation dress.

The new dress is a lot more structured, but the fabric is the fabric is really similar. When my mom made this observation I decided the dress would be the perfect dress for my graduation from the International High School. Now, this sewing craze was also inspired by this dress that Maura made using a Project Runway pattern.

The girl has skill. Hopefully my creation will be just as darling. I can't wait to finish it all up. Expect your fair share of photos.

No comments: