Friday, March 7, 2008

Labeled.

I've been thinking a lot lately about big brand trademarks and logos and things like that. I think it started when I was flipping through a magazine and was suddenly struck by the Prada logo.



Something about it... the font, the delicately lined shape surrounding it. It just looks so perfect. I prefer it over the plain font in the triangle that the fashion house sometimes uses.



I mean, it's lovely, but the classic and pretty is just more appealing. Oh! And are you aware of my infatuation with the Dooney and Bourke duck? Brace yourselves.



Have you seen a more endearing trademark in your life? I keep finding these incredibly discounted D&B bags with the waterfowl prominently displayed on the front, but never have the extra cash. Still, aren't you just charmed beyond words by that sort of thing? Not so charming, in fact a touch intimidating, would be those infamous double C's.



And even though I say it's a little dominating, I love it. Nothing makes me more pleased than the presence of the logo in my boudoir. Both my Chanel mascara and nail polish (Rogue Noir) are the first things you see when you walk into my room. Gucci took their own twist (literally) on the Chanel emblem.



Again, easily recognizable, and pretty as a peach. You know you've really got it down when a certain color or pattern is associated with your brand. Enter everyone's favorite doll, Betsey Johson.



You've gotta love that hot pink. Speaking of trademark patterns, who hasn't seen plaid, and thought Burberry?



Well, that's the end of my ramblings for today. I'm still fighting a virus of some sort and am going to go get some fluid. My new favorite is Yogi tea. It tastes fantastic, and each bag has a wonderful little phrase written on it. Mine this morning said "Follow your heart."

No comments: