Friday, November 23, 2007

No longer freezing in the name of fashion.

For lack of a classy easy-wear coat (I have a gorgeous Brass Plum number in creamy wool, but it's more formal than anything) I headed out to celebrate Black Friday in a beige v-neck sweater and jeans. I did have a scarf, striped angora, thrown stylishly about my shoulders, but besides that, there was nothing to keep me warm. My feet were freezing in in gold bow flats, and I was tired. It was, after all, 5:30 in the morning. I also live in Eugene, hardly known for its sunny Novembers. But I digress. What's a girl to do when she is style-concious, but living in the great Northwest (or other rather chilly parts for that matter)? Erin Fetherston has offered a solution...

This lovely sequined number will do just the trick. As for coats, I've been digging a black and white tartan print down coat with fur trim by Fox Racing. Maura opted for the lumberjack shearling hat with earflaps. To each their own I guess. She does balance it out well though, with an adorable blue coat from Anthropologie.

After lunch at Red Robin we headed to Zida, a new accesories shop. This place is located across the street from Fifth Street Market and is absolutely wonderful. They're affordable and fashion-forward. I almost got a gold textured chain necklace reminiscent of a Betsey Johnson piece for $10.95, but instead opted for some other adorable stuff. If you're in the Eugene area, it's a must-see. Alright, well I'm off. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving and are ready to welcome the holidays with open arms.

No comments: