Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day!


Dad and I asleep at the airport several years ago : )

My dad is the smartest man in the world. I've been convinced of this since I was maybe 2 years old. Still am, and it's not blindly that I think this. Ask him why he feels the way he does about any given issue, and you'll get some incredibly logical, well-informed reasoning. He's also the strongest. The guy has run a 100-mile race in less than 30 hours. And the bravest. And the kindest. Yup. I'm fairly certain my dad is a super human. He works harder than anyone I've ever met and has this insanely high level of self discipline that I wish I'd inherited. He's taught my brother and sister and I to be fair and keep our integrity. He goes out of his way to make sure we all have the means to follow our desired path. He is patient - most notably on a trip to New York, where he braved 3 Broadway musicals, and waited patiently outside stores while my mom and sister and I shopped. He always puts other's needs before his own. The admirable qualities aside, he also has a fantastic sense of humor. The home he and my mother created for my siblings and I is full of laughter and love. Daddy, you're wonderful. Thank you so much for everything and a belated happy father's day! ♥

1 comment:

Eleanor Blackham said...

I felt I wanted to comment on this post because I too have a great fondness for my dad - he is the greatest and I really appreciate everything he has done ( and still does for me). It is lovely to know that there are other daddy's girls out in the world who think their dad is the best thing since sliced bread! I am sure he loves you very much x