Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today I'm adoring...


I've been back in Chicago for a little over a week now. It's been lovely and I keep being reminded of why I'm supposed to be in this city.

♥ It's windy outside to the extent that my apartment is just about physically shaken, but I kind of adore the weather. Did you know snow is sort of sparkly? That rain can be rather romantic? That there's something to be said for running into class late with rosy cheeks and wind-tossed hair? And while my fingers just about turn purple, even when wrapped in warm leather gloves, I'm not that annoyed. The wind, snow, sleet, slush, drizzle, and rain will go away soon enough. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

♥ Getting involved more deeply with this stylish online world. I'm currently interning with Jennine from The Coveted. She also runs the Independent Fashion Bloggers, and I couldn't consider myself luckier. A few days into it, and I'm already learning so much! Jennine is so lovely and energetic. Gah, it's such a fantastic internship! Plus it gives me the much needed motivation to dress to the nines at least twice a week. I swear I swear I swear I'll post outfit pics one of these days.

♥ Amazing people. Maura, Helene, my parents, Abby, Pat, Justin, Ian, Marielle, Allison... anyone and everyone who's made me smile this past week. You are all wonderful. Thank you thank you thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.

♥ Being back in class. Oh, books! Oh, discussion! How I've missed you! I'm currently reading Heidegger, Aristotle, and a piece on tautologies. It's overwhelming and there are times when I want to throw a book or two at the wall, but getting everything read and thoroughly understood is so rewarding. And school is much more aesthetically pleasing when you jot everything down in a little pink moleskine. Remember that.

♥ My new black boots. Oh goodness. They're perfect. I would sleep in them if I could. Such leathery, slouchy goodness.

That's it for today. What are you adoring?

image via we heart it.

No comments: