Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I dearly do love the chic.

For a long while, I was one of those shameful contrived fashionistas. You know the ones of which I speak. They pretend to know high fashion, when in all honesty they only know how to pronounce Givenchy, Prada, Chanel, Christian Dior, and Gucci. And even then it's only because they've watched "The Devil Wears Prada" one too many times. Oh, and don't let me forget Louis Vuitton, Juicy Couture, and Dooney and Bourke. Nonono. I do not mean to say that these designers are sub par. Just the opposite. They are actually quite wondrous. But if I'd remained a contrived fashionista, I would have never discovered Derek Lam, and this incredible collection.




Derek Lam knows the ladies. They want something functional and ridiculously pretty at the same time. Thank you, Mr. Derek Lam, for delivering.

No comments: