Sunday, January 4, 2009

Today I'm adoring...


This picture of Maura, taken on our first ever white Christmas.

♥ Chuck Bass. Always.

♥ Waking up to find the entire neighborhood covered by a very light frost. It's like someone sifted powdered sugar all over South Eugene.

♥ Talking about what love means. I've been having this discussion with everyone from my mom to Maura to Amanda to Amanda's mom. My favorite response - "At 18, being in love is a feeling. And as you grow old, it becomes a choice. A choice to put someone else before you always." What do you think love means/is?

♥ Birthday shopping with my sister. She turns 17 on the 7th, and I hit 19 on the 14th. With our birthdays so close, my mom can do some nice one-stop trips with us to the mall. I want those riding boots at Banana Republic, Maura wants the leather Steve Madden jacket at Macy's. Mother takes note, and we close our eyes as she buys the things.

♥ Watching movies on my laptop. On Thursday night, Amanda and I settled down on her giant bed with rocky road ice cream and the fifth Harry Potter movie. Wonderful movie-watching on the macbook ensued. Amanda fell asleep halfway through, but my Harry Potter craziness kept me wide awake.

♥ Reading for pleasure! I just finished "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith and I can't get it out of my head. There is nothing like good fiction. I'm hoping to read "The Pursuit of Love in a Cold Climate" by Nancy Mitford next.

♥ Receiving the sweetest texts from the boyfriend-unit. I miss him terribly, but am very much digging the fact that it's less than two weeks until I see his wonderful self again.

Alright. I know this was an awfully brief post for a Sunday, and especially for a "Today I'm Adoring" post. But I must depart. Time to do more Gossip Girl googling and lazing about. One more thing that I adore...
♥ MY READERS.

1 comment:

FAPORT International said...

Nice article, interesting..