Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Style.com's Top Ten Spring Collections

Style.com has its faults, but as far as their picks for the best spring collections go, I'm really willing to look past that. With a less-than-household name in number 1, Chanel at number 3, and Louis Vuitton's screaming Paris collection also making the list, I think that the popular source for all things fashion has really earned its place. Let's review.

Ann Demeulemeester

Balenciaga


Chanel


Dolce And Gabbana


Dries Van Noten


Givenchy


Lanvin


Louis Vuitton


Marc Jacobs


Ralph Lauren


I agree very much with the Lanvin, Dolce & Gabanna, and Chanel - all being among my favorite collections this season. However, and it pains me to say this, I do not think this was even close to being Givenchy's best collection. I love the designer more than almost anything, but really. This collection was not top ten worthy. Without a doubt, Balenciaga entirely shone on the runway and may have even been worhy of the number one spot had Ann Demeulemeester and her drapey little dresses not been so genius. Off the list but wholly deserving of a spot? I would have to say Bottega Veneta and Alberta Ferretti. What belongs on the list? What doesn't? Let's chit chat!

No comments: