Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Let's make her our poster girl.

I'm slightly crazy about Zooey Deschanel. She's a classy girl, an amazing actress, and a revolutionary musician. Her band, She & Him, has some of the greatest music I have ever heard. My personal favorite being "I Was Made For You." The song sounds like it could've been performed by the girl bands of the 1960's. Deschanel's silvery singing voice makes me think of an old Hollywood starlet. She and M. Ward know how to rock their music. I am so very in love with it.
Deschanel exudes romance and vintage. No matter what she wears, she looks like she's stepped out of a silent film. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to emulate her look, but it truly is so uniquely Zooey. Which is why I think she personifies Classic Black Pumps so well. This blog is about dressing in a way that fits with your personality, and making each and every outfit you wear yours and yours alone. It's about well-dressed girls, who still manage to be more than their clothing. Here, we celebrate character and talent. Zooey Deschanel has both.

No comments: