Sunday, October 14, 2007

it's a wrap

I love scarves. I was just thinking about how badly I needed to stock up on some for the rest of fall and for the winter months. My little sister has been known to sport a long sparkly boho scarve all year long, while another lovely friend of mine always coordinates nautical scarves to her outfits. While both girls exhibit intense style with their dressing, I'm hardly one to mimick. I'm thinking I'm going to work the classic simplicity thing these coming seasons. I'd hoped to show you some affordable offerings from Target, but their online store does not do their scarf collection any justice. So to inspire (but not to purchase unless you have a spare 100 bucks lying around to buy a scarf) here are some offerings from Banana Republic.

Bright and basic

A simple scarf in a vibrant color like this green can punch up any black peacoat. Pick one out that's incredibly soft to the touch.

Life in Black and White

I work my houndstooth scarf with my monochromatic black Funny Face-inspired outift. There's nothing wrong with putting your own touch on a classic, and this scarf adds interest to basic black.

Pumpkin Patch Ensembles

This is the stuff of Autumn. A cropped denim jacket, a brown turtleneck, jeans, and this scarf resting oh-so-quaintly about your shoulders and you are just screaming for some hot apple cider.

Fireside Cozy

I would wear this one on a date I think. Hand-in-hand, walking along the river with bright orange leaves all around... *sigh* A knee-length denim skirt, knit tights, boots, sweater, scarf, cute boy... couldn't get any better.

Alrighty I am going to go finish my homework. My best friend, sister, and I are going out to dinner tonight, and I want to be done with all of my assignments so I can relax by then. A tip:if your room or wherever you spend the bulk of your time is messy, pick it up. Strange that I just discovered this. I cleaned my room yesterday and have since spent every free moment in there drinking tea and reading Jane Austen.

No comments: